Expanded Eligibility for COVID-19 Vaccines Begins on February 15
Governor Andrew Cuomo today announced the list of comorbidities and underlying conditions that New York State will use to determine eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine. Adult New Yorkers of any age who have one of the comorbidities on the list will be eligible for the vaccine beginning February 15th.
The full list of comorbidities and underlying conditions, based on CDC-guidance, is available below. The list is subject to change as additional scientific evidence is published and as New York State obtains and analyzes additional state-specific data.
- Cancer (current or in remission, including 9/11-related cancers)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Pulmonary Disease, including but not limited to, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), asthma (moderate-to-severe), pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, and 9/11 related pulmonary diseases
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities including Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, including but not limited toheart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, or hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) including but not limited to solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, use of other immune weakening medicines, or other causes
- Severe Obesity (BMI 40 kg/m2), Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease or Thalassemia
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Neurologic conditions including but not limited to Alzheimer’s Disease or dementia
- Liver disease
Yankee Stadium Mass Vaccination Site Opening Today
The Governor announced that a mass vaccination site is opening today at Yankee Stadium in The Bronx. Yankee Stadium now is accepting COVID-19 vaccination appointments, but only for eligible Bronx residents.
New York State COVID-19 Numbers
The statewide positivity rate yesterday was 4.31% with 7,937 hospitalizations, a decrease of 30 people over the previous day. There were 153 COVID-19 deaths in New York State yesterday.