Capital Region to Begin Phase 1 Reopening Tomorrow
Governor Cuomo announced that tomorrow, May 20th, the Capital Region will become the seventh region in New York State to begin Phase 1 of the State’s reopening process. The final hurdle was cleared when the region identified a sufficient number of contact tracers.
Memorial Day Celebrations
The Governor announced that the State will allow Memorial Day ceremonies that have 10 people or less. Local governments will have the final decision on whether ceremonies can occur. Additionally, vehicle parades honoring veterans will be permitted.
Update on Elective Surgeries
Nassau County now is eligible to conduct elective surgeries and ambulatory care. The State has been allowing elective outpatient treatments to resume in counties and hospitals without significant risk of COVID-19 surge in the near term.
Hospital Visitation Pilot
The Governor announced that the Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA) and the Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) are implementing a two-week pilot program in 16 hospitals across the State, allowing increased visitations for family and friends. Visits will be time-limited, visitors will be provided and required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment), and visitors also will be subject to symptom and temperature checks. The list of participating hospitals is below:
- Albany Medical Center – Albany County
- Bassett Medical Center – Otsego County
- Westchester Medical Center – Westchester County
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center – Onondaga County
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute – Erie County
- Mount Sinai Queens – Queens
- Maimonides Medical Center – Brooklyn
- Coney Island Hospital – Brooklyn
- Montefiore – Henry and Lucy Moses – Bronx
- Jacobi Medical Center – Bronx
- Mount Sinai Hospital – Manhattan
- NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital – Manhattan
- New York Presbyterian – Lower Manhattan – Manhattan
- Northwell – Lenox Hill Hospital – Manhattan
- Northwell – Huntington Hospital – Suffolk County
- Northwell – Plainview Hospital – Nassau County
New York State COVID-19 Numbers
Thankfully, we continue to remain on the far side of the COVID-19 plateau. That said, the number of deaths in the State has increased by 105 since yesterday.